Do you want a quick and easy way to transform your smile? Veneers may be the solution you need. When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, veneers are one of the least invasive procedures. They simply cover your existing teeth, giving them a new facade.
If you’re considering veneers, you may be wondering how much they cost. Learn more about veneers and what you can expect to pay for them in Snellville, Georgia.
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are thin porcelain shells that attach to the front side of your teeth. Polished porcelain veneers resemble your natural tooth enamel and can be custom made to the appropriate size and color. When your teeth are primarily healthy but don’t look their best, veneers can conceal imperfections to make your smile look even and flawless.
Average Cost of Veneers
Veneers may cost anywhere from $500-$2,500 per tooth. The range is wide because there are many factors that contribute to the total cost of veneers for any one person.
Key Factors in the Cost of Veneers
The following factors will affect the cost of your veneers:
- Type of veneers. There are different types of veneers made out of different materials. Porcelain veneers are the highest quality because they look the most natural, which means they cost more than lower quality types. Composite veneers cost less, but they may not look as natural or last as long.
- Number of teeth needing veneers. Only the front row of teeth that are visible when you smile will need veneers. You may only need veneers on the top row of teeth and not the bottom. Since the cost of veneers is calculated on a per tooth basis, the cost will vary based on the number of teeth that need veneers.
- Preparatory procedures. Veneers can only be placed on healthy teeth that have cosmetic imperfections. Any teeth that need restorative procedures such as fillings or root canals will need to be addressed first, which adds to the overall cost of fixing your smile.
Benefits of Veneers
If you’re debating whether or not veneers are worth the cost, consider the benefits:
- Minimal altering of the teeth. Veneers only require a very thin layer of enamel to be removed before they can be attached. This alters the teeth much less than what is required for dental crowns.
- Conceal multiple imperfections at once. If your teeth are stained you could get teeth whitening treatment. If your teeth are uneven you could get cosmetic bonding. If your teeth are crooked you could get braces or Invisalign. But veneers can correct all of these imperfections in a single procedure, saving you time and money.
- Near instant results. Veneers can be placed in a single appointment, giving you a new smile in a day. Other treatments and procedures can take weeks, months, or even years.
Schedule a Consultation Today
If you’re interested in veneers, schedule a consultation with Oak Road Dentistry. After a brief evaluation we can determine if you are an ideal candidate for veneers.
Frequently Asked Questions About Veneers
Are veneers permanent?
Veneers are bonded to your teeth. This means they can only be removed by your dentist. A thin layer of enamel is removed from your teeth before veneers are attached, so they are considered to be a permanent alteration.
How long do veneers last?
On average, veneers can last for 10-15 years. In many cases they last for 20 years or more with good care and maintenance. With good oral hygiene, regular dental cleanings, and mindful eating habits, you can get the most out of your veneers.